Maxillofacial surgeons are the experts whose training in oral and maxillofacial surgery includes the important knowledge, and the background and the much required extensive training in anatomy and physiology of the facial structure. This makes them the perfect choice for patients’ seeking facial aesthetic services to improve facial harmony and appearance.
Maxillofacial surgeons extensively study the bone, muscle and tissue relationship that occur in the face, head and neck region. For this reason, performing facial cosmetics, including invasive as well as non-invasive procedures using proper planning is a maxillofacial surgeon’s forte. The face is a sensitive topic for most patients, small lines, wrinkles are the most common concerns that people seek facial aesthetic treatments for. A maxillofacial surgeon who keeps himself/herself updated of the latest facial aesthetic trends will be able to offer comprehensive solutions to patient concerns without limitations.
Facial aesthetic certification courses help hone the “THE ESTHETIC EYE” of maxillofacial surgeons which they have developed during their residency training which includes plastic surgery, general surgery, medicine, otolaryngology by Best Plastic Surgeon in Mumbai – Dr Debraj Shome
. Oral and maxillofacial surgeons can treat various facial cosmetic concerns such as facial reconstruction, birth defects, trauma, disease and ageing.
Why maxillofacial surgeons make good facial cosmetic practitioners?
- They have the background in medicine, surgery and dentistry and study with specific focus on facial cosmetics and have well practiced skills to give the desired results to the patients while maintaining facial function.
- They can avoid treatment pitfalls. For example, when a patient goes to a common practitioner for rhytids concern then it may seem a simple Botox will solve the problem but the underlying problem of a brow ptosis might get ignored. A facial aesthetic expert Maxillofacial surgeon will able to spot the problem and give a better solution to correct the functional problem along with the wrinkles.
- They already know how to use Botox well because it is a part of their everyday practice. They are aware of Botox pitfalls, and have successfully used it to treat migraine headaches, reduce sweating, and TMJ problems.
- They can carry the entire spectrum of facial aesthetic issues assuring best possible results.
- Maxillofacial surgeon are reconstructive experts. They understand how the lips should appear around the teeth and how the jaw muscles and bones help in facial function and how the skin around the eyes should look.
Numerous studies around the world have confirmed that the modern patient with their busy and active lifestyles have the desire to stay young and are always actively seeking facial aesthetic treatments with minimal downtime and lower risk options. The oral and maxillofacial surgeon can offer both invasive and non-invasive treatments in simple out-patient and in office settings.
The International Academy of Facial Cosmetic Surgery (IAFCS) in India offers various basic level and advanced aesthetic certifications for Maxillofacial surgeons including
- Botox certifications
- Dermal/tissue filler certifications
- Fellowship in Facial aesthetics including needle and cannula techniques and complication management.
- Advanced Masterclass in Facial Contouring including Ultherapy, Facial threads, Laser (skin resurfacing etc.)
For patients a Maxillofacial surgeon who has done additional facial aesthetic certifications inspire more trust and more natural looking results along with best possible aesthetic outcome because they use 3 Dimensional considerations. In return maxillofacial surgeons benefit from
- Increased earnings in this tight economy.
- Better patient retention and referrals